Are you an athlete seeking relief from muscle tension and improved performance? Or perhaps you’re someone dealing with chronic pain or seeking deep relaxation? Look no further! Nicola of PRO Massage is a skilled and experienced (15 years) massage therapist who specializes in sports and deep tissue massage, and he’s ready to help you on your journey to wellness.
Experience the healing power of my targeted techniques designed to release tension, reduce muscle soreness, and enhance your overall well-being. PRO Massage has a deep understanding of the human body and its response to physical activity, allowing Nicola to provide tailored treatments that address your specific needs.
The most common injuries in pickleball and how PRO massage can help you
Pickleball is a popular racquet sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and table tennis. While pickleball is generally considered a low-impact sport, injuries can still occur. Here are some of the most common injuries in pickleball and how massage can help:
- Tennis elbow (Lateral epicondylitis): This is a repetitive strain injury that causes pain and inflammation on the outer side of the elbow. Massage can help by reducing muscle tension and promoting blood flow to the affected area, which can aid in pain relief and facilitate healing.
- Rotator cuff injuries: Overuse or incorrect form in repetitive overhead shots can lead to rotator cuff strains or tears. Massage techniques such as soft tissue manipulation, stretching, and range of motion exercises can help alleviate pain, improve flexibility, and promote healing in the shoulder area.
- Sprained ankles: Quick lateral movements and changes in direction can increase the risk of ankle sprains. Massage can assist in reducing swelling, increasing circulation, and promoting the healing process. Techniques such as lymphatic drainage and myofascial release can be beneficial in ankle injury recovery.
- Knee injuries: Knee sprains or strains can occur due to sudden stops, starts, or pivoting movements. Massage can help reduce muscle tension around the knee, improve flexibility, and promote blood flow, which may aid in reducing pain and supporting the healing process.
- Back and neck strains: Overreaching for shots or sudden twisting motions can result in strains or sprains in the back and neck. Massage techniques such as deep tissue massage, stretching, and postural alignment can help alleviate muscle tension, improve mobility, and reduce pain in these areas.
Massage can play a valuable role in the recovery and prevention of pickleball injuries by promoting circulation, reducing muscle tension, improving flexibility, and supporting overall tissue health. PRO Massage by Nicola is an experienced (15 years) massage therapist who understands sports-related injuries and can tailor massage techniques to your specific needs. Remember, massage should be used as a complementary approach alongside proper medical evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation protocols for any pickleball-related injuries.
CONTACT DIRECTIONS for APPOINTMENTS –
TEXT ME: THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO CONTACT ME: DO NOT CALL!
(Please leave your name, introduce yourself with some history, when are you available, and your condition)
I will answer all inquiries that can follow directions. Thanks so much – way too many robocalls, phishing, solicitations & spammers! It’s out of control these days!
* NO LONGER DO Mobile and Out Call Massage to your Location.
Text Only – 805-637-7482
I start my day w/ this music- you can too! https://youtu.be/4NjssV8UuVA Aaron Copland – Fanfare For The Common Man
Riktr Pro Massage specializes in Therapeutic Sports Bodywork and Sports Injuries offering a wide range of modalities but can offer you cat-like healing, SUPER relaxing Swedish massage, or serious deep tissue bodywork for sports injuries and muscular and or emotional pain. (We all have holding patterns in our bodies according to Ida Rolf, John F. Barnes & Dr. David R Hawkins.
Nicola of Riktr Artistic Pro Massage is a practicing licensed insured professional LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist) and fine artist based in Santa Barbara, CA. Nicola has a wide range of female and male clients, including athletes, professionals, housewives, artists, landscapers, out-of-town visitors, people who are retired, and students. He is very flexible in scheduling appointments at his office/fine art studio in Santa Barbara conveniently located at 827 State St. Suite 20.
- If you appreciate high-quality therapeutic bodywork or just want to RELAX and go to “LA LA LAND” call Riktr Pro Massage. Are you a serious athlete with injuries and need EXTREME bodywork or “FIX IT” work, weekend warrior, stressed-out professional, or student? Maybe you are going through tough life issues, have athletic injuries, or just want to keep that body tuned up and healthy. Then you have finally found your Santa Barbara Licensed and Insured Pro Massage Therapist. Nicola will always personalize your massage session to fit your physical and emotional needs.
Riktr Pro Massage offers a wide range of services, including In-Call Massage Only @ my Artistic PRO Massage Studio @ 827 State St. Suite 20
Massage Modalities / You can add FREE Enhancements
Nicola’s Intuitive Massage is a customized blend of everything Nicola has learned and is designed to help both relax and ease your pain. These modalities address the cause of the pain, not just the symptoms. By releasing chronic patterns of tension in the body with slow strokes and deep pressure on the contracted muscles, tendons, and fascia, this personalized massage softens the muscles so that Nicola can move in deeply to break up scar tissue, making adhesions less rigid and more mobile. Muscles become more elastic and return to a state of true health and optimal function.
*Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider.
Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition.
The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a diagnosis, treatment, or prescription of any kind. The decision to use, or not to use, any information is the sole responsibility of the reader. These statements are not expressions of legal opinion relative to the scope of practice, medical diagnosis, or medical advice, nor do they represent an endorsement of any product, company, or specific massage therapy technique, modality, or approach. All trademarks, registered trademarks, brand names, registered brand names, logos, and company logos referenced in this post are the property of their owners.