DIFFERENT STYLES OF MASSAGE THERAPY TECHNIQUES
Licensed massage therapists like myself are generally equipped with lots of different techniques that can accomplish a variety of results. When the receiver (the client) can effectively tell the giver (the massage therapist) what they want, the giver can do their best work. There are several different types of massage. If you take a moment to understand the distinct differences between each of them, you will be able to better communicate to your therapist exactly what it is you’re looking for:
1. Total Relaxation Massage – Most clients fall into a light sleep at some point during this kind of session.
2. Light Therapeutic Massage – Predominantly a moderate pressure massage that focuses on the problem areas but ends in soothing, calming relaxation techniques. (Best for those who can’t make up their minds.)
3. Full Therapeutic Massage – A technique that, despite the name, has very little to do with immediate relaxation. This technique focuses on handling acute or chronic conditions that are creating pain for you or limiting your range of motion. As a result, you will most likely feel more relaxed over the days following your appointment.
4. Sports Therapy – Pre- or post-event massage therapy or during a training period.
5. Deep Tissue Massage – Arguably the most misunderstood type of massage technique, there is a difference between mere “firm pressure” and deep tissue. Firm pressure presses into the tissue until the natural stop signals are reached. This engages the muscle at a comfortable level, possibly to the mildly uncomfortable level momentarily. Deep tissue means that the therapist is using tools like knuckles, elbows and such to engage the muscles closest to the bone. (This is not for most people and not recommended for the first session with a new massage therapist, because they need to learn your muscle tissue tension levels. Deep tissue is mostly for athletic body types.)
Plus, I offer these modalities which can be modified to fit your needs.
Massage Modalities / You can add FREE Enhancements
Nicola’s Intuitive Massage is a customized blend of everything Nicola has learned, designed to help both relax and ease your pain. This therapy addresses the cause of the pain, not just the symptoms. By releasing chronic patterns of tension in the body with slow strokes and deep pressure on the contracted muscles, tendons, and fascia, this personalized massage softens the muscles so that Nicola can move in deeply to break up scar tissue, making adhesions less rigid and more mobile. Muscles become more elastic and return to a state of true health and optimal function.
more infor at:
*Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a diagnosis, treatment, or prescription of any kind. The decision to use, or not to use, any information is the sole responsibility of the reader. These statements are not expressions of legal opinion relative to the scope of practice, medical diagnosis, or medical advice, nor do they represent an endorsement of any product, company, or specific massage therapy technique, modality, or approach. All trademarks, registered trademarks, brand names, registered brand names, logos, and company logos referenced in this post are the property of their owners.